Few habits I want to carry forward…
Covid19 has put mankind in its place, even if it is temporary. The fast paced, selfish attitude has been held by the hook! We are cornered, the worst in a long time.
Few habits I am planning to carry forward once we go pass this.
1. I am going to worship the sunrise and sun set again. This brought discipline in my life. Made me be grateful for the time here. Made me recognise, any sunset could be the last I see! Made me recognise without this first fundamental ‘being’ life here would not even exist! Forget me being here!!
2. I will leave my footwear outside the house and have a different one only for inside, however difficult it may be for me to keep changing them every time! (And it is difficult most of you would know!) It makes me recognise I have people living with me, while I may be more healthy, they may not be to fight the germs I bring in.
3. I will, without fail wash my hands every time I come from outside, having touched many places and objects unknowingly. I have fully understood its importance now.
4. Keep mum during defecation! Germs do enter through that opening as well!
5. I will recognise acutely other nature born beings as existent also. Like the animals, plants etc. I will consciously further minimise my consume which harms them, especially violently.
6. Above all! I will deliberately keep some proportion of social distancing. Social distancing has added some days extra to do more things which are directly meaningful to me. Before I see the last sunset!
Truly, these habits are not new which I have formed recently! These few habits from the past I plan to reinstate in my lifestyle which my older generations swore by! Breaking which we were reprimanded strongly. And which I have witnessed the transition of loosing and replacing them with more conceited, careless aka modern approach and thinking has brought in.
I am going to reinstate those traditions, call hereby habits, which were by far more scientific than science will perhaps fully fathom!
Oh! Yes!! I don’t need to reinstate namaste! I still fortunately have that habit!
I have missed any which I need to consider again? Let me know.
– Deepti Vishwanath